Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Beach Baby

In the summer of 1974 John Carter and Gillian Shakespeare wrote the song "Beach Baby." The song was recorded by a band named 'The First Class' which peaked at #4 on the U.S. top 40 charts on October 5th.

When I first heard this song I thought that it sounded cool. I liked to sing along with it even though I wasn't sure what the words were in a certain verse, but with the help of a song lyric site, I now know that the words are: "The sun-tanned crew-cut all-American male."

It made me wonder how many other people had no clue about what that verse was. I just made up my own words, which of course, was totally off. I was singing something about an American mile.

I must confess to you that there were other verses that didn't quite sound like the real lyrics sounded, so of course my version of the song was a bit off.

Anywho ... Here is the video for you to watch and to sing along with if you feel the need to do so, but before you do you might want to find the 'real' lyrics on the web, unless of course, you have no problem understanding what they are singing during certain parts of this song.

No comments: