Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 2, 2009

The yellow see thru 45

I was 11 years old, when my older brother got the 45 record of the Grand Funk (Railroad) song, "Were an American band", and it wasn't your every day average looking 45, It was yellow and see threw. The original single was released on gold transparent vinyl. Tragically it didn't survive.
Today I wonder how many people actually got to own one of those yellow 45's. I am sure that more people owned the album instead. I am not completely sure what the song on the B side was, but for some reason, I keep thinking that it was, "Walk like a man", not to be confused with Frankie Valli's "Walk like a man" song. Grand funk's song was way more rocking.
I know that you will enjoy this video as much as I did, when I first watched it.



Please leave a comment, and let me know if you owned one of those yellow 45's, or if perhaps, you knew someone who did.

4 comments:

NanciD said...

I owned one! Most folks think I'm nuts when I explain it!

NanciD said...

I can't think of anyone that believes me....when I try to explain it!!

LISAKITTY'S HOT TOPICS said...

Yeah NanciD the reason that they dont believe you is because there werent very many of those yellow vinyl records produced, and as I stated in my blog, my bros yellow record didnt survive ...

NanciD said...

Well, thankfully, I still have mine!
Sorry that you don't have yours anymore!gicea