Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Second Hand News. A Song Inspired By A Break Up

I was lucky enough to have the 'Rumors' album because I had gotten it as a xmas present from one of my teenage crushes, who in return, received a bottle of Harvey's Bristol Cream from me. I know, wild huh? Especially, since I was only 15 1/2, at that time, but with all that aside, I played this album a lot, and this song was one of my favorite songs on that album.

The song, "Second Hand News," was inspired by the break up of Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks. The video footage is a bit off because it was filmed in 1978 with a camera, that is the total opposite of our digital cameras. 

Regardless of the video timing being off be sure to watch this video all the way to the end, so that you can hear what Stevie says about Lindsey. It kind of sounds like what she says is sad, but her words also have a touch of sweetness.

No comments: